• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help,im being sued in tx

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

calindak

What is the name of your state? tx
i just recd a letter on my door that i am being sued for an auto accident that happened 2 yrs ago. no tickets were issued and it was a no fault accident, now i am being sued for all kinds of things by the other person. is there a time limit that i have to file a counter claim?

Alex02

Differnt things have different time limits.

Look up " Statue of Limitations Texas" at yahoo or whatever search engine you wanna use.

What kind of chargese are you being charged with?
Damages, Personal Injury?

For example in CA, the statue of limitations saids the limit is 1 year to sue somebody for Personal Injury in an auto accident.

C

calindak

being sued for physical pain, mental anguish, med exp, unable to pursue gainful employment, etc etc. i believe i was at no fault she collided w/me head on in the turning lane, she went around the traffic waiting at the light instead of wtg her turn to get in the turning lane, i was heading northbound and she was sb

Alex02

Well if it was her fault like you said it was this lady is CRAZY! Get a free consulation from a lawyer and you might be able to countersue her:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">