• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with insurance, in auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sierra

I was at fault in an auto accident. I had no insurance at the time of the accident. And now the insurance company is tring to say(after 8 months)that i owe a large amount of money to the insured. I know that the vechicles worth was not even a thrid of the amount that they are tring to recieve. Plus the driver of the other car was not on the insurance, or had a valid driver license . Is there anything I can do? Or because I was at fault am I just out of luck?

ALawyer

It sounds as if you are liable IF you were at fault. But if it is possible someone else was at fault, then you and that person may share the damages. In some circumstances and states the other person's contributory negligence would bar any recovery.

The real issue seems to be the amount of the damages and how they are calculated. If there was any personal injury, or claim for personal injury, the value of the car does not matter.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">