• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me out here

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fishmonk

Wisconsin

A friend of mine parked improperly, the very front of his bumper went below the car in front of him, a cop gave him a fine of 122 dollars, and filled an acident report, for "improper parking". The only damage it did was a small scratch that was on the front of his car, about 2 inches or less in length, no one checked underneath the other car to see if any damage was done. This seemed really excesive to me, does that sound right.

Also, on a probationary licence in wisconsin it says you can drive between 12 am and 5 am alone, only if you are going between work, home, or school. Does your place of work, or your school have to be open? If I was going to school before it opened, would I get in trouble? I checked the dot website but I couldn't find a definate answer.

D

D.B. Cooper

A friend of mine parked improperly, the very front of his bumper went below the car in front of him, a cop gave him a fine of 122 dollars
mmm..
This seemed really excesive to me, does that sound right
Yes it does sound right, and your friend sounds a bit on the stupid side.
Also, on a probationary licence....it says you can drive between 12 am and 5 am alone....Does your place of work, or your school have to be open?
No, it needn't be open. Drive to your school at two in the moring, rip roaring drunk, do hole shots in the parking lot, and drive on the grass, they can't do anything to you, these are your "special" rights with your probationary license

F

fishmonk

D.B. Cooper said:
No, it needn't be open. Drive to your school at two in the moring, rip roaring drunk, do hole shots in the parking lot, and drive on the grass, they can't do anything to you, these are your "special" rights with your probationary license
So...that's a no? Are there special sircumstances? Like if you have a probationary licence, and you are driving to work, you have to be there at 5:00, so to get there on time you have to drive before 5:00 am, would you get in trouble? I really wish you would be specific, and not try making a joke out of it.

LdiJ

fishmonk said:
So...that's a no? Are there special sircumstances? Like if you have a probationary licence, and you are driving to work, you have to be there at 5:00, so to get there on time you have to drive before 5:00 am, would you get in trouble? I really wish you would be specific, and not try making a joke out of it.
If you are scheduled to be there at 5 AM then you would be legally ok to drive there within a reasonable time frame to arrive there at 5 AM....depending on weather and road conditions.

D

D.B. Cooper

No, it's a yes. If work starts at 5am and it takes you 45 minutes to get to work, then you could drive from 4:15 onward. Just be sure you can validate the time frame if need be

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">