• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Needed: car accident in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cybermak

What is the name of your state? I was driving Driving school car as a student driver in California and got into accident having my fault. Now personal injury, some claims are being made by the other driver and passenger from my car. Driving school didn't have proper student insurance, so his insurance company is denying coverage on the some contract basis that they will not cover since the registered owner was using the car for business purpose having personal insurance on it.
But it was not known to us, driving instructor told us he has all the insurances for student to use the car.So it is his liability, responsibility for covering this, since we paid him for hourly rate, and he said he is going to give us driving lessons along with proper student auto insurance.

I have following qeustions.

1. Is there anything that can be done so that his insurance company will process this claim?

2. We are trying to go through our insurance company where I am covered in my spouse's car insurance policy. Is this the normal to go through this route to solve this?

3.How much our car insurance premium will increase?

4. In that case, the main gilty, the driving instructor who cheated us, is not been caught and held responsible.
What options do we have at this point to make driving instructor or his insurance company to pay for all the coverages now?

5. Will this affect or block my driving priviledge or DMV record?

6. what can we do to protect ourselves from getting any big losses, and resolve the matter without affecting much of my driving record, and not getting financial responsibility?

7.I paid @$400 to driving school, going through so much hastles, may have to pay insurance deductible ($500) + don't know how much will be increase in premium. So expensive to learn driving car in California.
Is there any Govt Organization, legal association or consumer help forum where I can get help on this issue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">