• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!/ NO INSURANCE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joyci

What is the name of your state? NEW JERSEY

I was driving my sister to school this morning and ran into a car coming out of its driveway. My hood and bumper took the whol impact, all he got was a dent, but my car is still driveable. The police officer said it was his fault for not looking where he was going. Only problem is I don't have insurance! This is my first accident and I don't know what to do! Please I need Help!!!

Z

zappy

basically if there was a police report made, it will be fowarded to the Motor vehicle dept, and your license will be suspended. PLUS you will have to get high risk insurance, and in NJ -- It is the highest rates in the nation.

So the best advice is to pay the damages to both cars and dont drive again until you have insurance.

Maybe you can get lucky and no one will find out about this, so open your wallet and pay the other driver soon... very soon.

Then learn the bus routes, and tell your sister she needs to learn the bus routes too, since you are going to finally be responsible and not let the car get out of the driveway until you have insurance on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Joyci

WHAT!

whooooa ... I thank you for your straight forward answer and all...but the officer said it would go down in the report as being the other guys fault!...how does that mean I have to pay?? I understand the license suspension.

FarmerJ

joy even if officer reported it as other drivers fault you had no reason to take car out of driveway with no ins . you will be paying risk rates for a long time if ins co data bases get wind of this . negotiate a cash settlement .

Last edited:
Z

zappy

Joyci:

Do you think his insuance company is just going to hand over money to fix his car?

Knowing full well they have a sucker like you with no insurance to go after?

And how will you defend yourself? You have no lawyer, or insurance company to help with your defense.

Thats what you pay premiums for!

So I guess its time to sell the car, or Plan on moving out of New Jersey soon. cause your never going to afford the insurance in New Jersey.

Move close to mass transit, and commute like everyone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">