• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, please. =/

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abysmal_clove

All right. Four-to-five years ago my parents divorced. Basically, my father -hates- my mother. It started with the fact that she placed an EPO against him due to his threatening of her life. I heard it, and therefore am a witness. It's been around... what, two years? .. since the divorce-divorce happened and finished.

Well, since then my father's been giving me crap about various things my mother does. I'm not sure if he wants to use it as some 'evidence' now that he's suing her. But she had severe pneumonia last year, and was out of work for a while. It's taken her a year and she's gotten better -- but as well they held back her child support for some mundane reason. I'm worried. I was with my father and mother when he told her to sign over the '98 Aurora of hers to him due to the fact that her funds were tough and she was having so much trouble paying off the note.

So, she had a document written, and he <i>knew</i> she had a payment to make on the car, and had it notorized and he signed it. What does he do? Because he can't sell the car, he's now suing her.

He gave the notorized paper to his lawyer and now my mom's being sued. I'm afraid. What's going to happen? Is she in serious trouble? Will she go to jail? What can we do? =/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">