• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help please dwi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

soulo

What is the name of your state? NY

OK I need a alittle advice on something. I hope someone can help with this.
I was in a car accident and wrecked my car. Police came and was asking me if I was drinking. I said I had 2 glasses of wine earlier. I was taken to the station to have a test. I know if you have been drinking and you are pretty drunk if you value your license you say no to the test. You lose your license and its on your record.
I knew I was no where near being drunk not with 2 glasses of wine. So i agreed to the test. I came in with a bac of .09. I was told that I was at the lowest but i was considered drunk. I took it like a man and now Im screwed. My question is if I was in the accident and the car was just bought within a few months will the insurance cover the car if I have a dui or dwi?
Also would this charge be lowered? Since I was never convicted for dwi would i get a break on this? Please any help would be fine/ I cant afford a lawyer so I think I am stuck with a court appointed one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">