• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help-she "said" her insurance would fix it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yapph

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

My car was parked in a crowded church parking lot along a non-painted curb. People park along this curb consis :( tently, there are no "no-parking" signs and no red paint on the curb (to reiterate). A woman backed out of a parking spot and dented my car pretty significantly. She waited for me to come out and was very apologetic and said she had insurance that would pay for it for me and gave me her information. Her company called me and said they are trying to prove in Texas State Law that since I was not in a painted parking spot, they nor she is responsible for fixing it. Is this true? May I go out and hit any car along a curb in any parking lot all I want and not be responsible for the damage I caused?

Of course I'm cleaned out after getting my car out of the shop for engine trouble 2 days before this woman got to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">