• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help...what can we do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stepmama

we live in california. My brother was pulling out of a parking lot when the car was hit. at 1st he thought it was his fault, maybe foot came off brake. The other driver was so drunk she needed her passenger to help her walk. my brother gave all his correct info to her.all she gave my brother was name and phone number, her passenger gave some info , but gave false drivers licence #. Well she was calling right away for $$$. SHe started off nice, my mom said she would just pay the damage, since it should have been minor. well the second time she called my mom she told my mom that her boyfriend was driving the car. but luckily we have 8 witnesses that place her at the drivers seat. She didnt fess up to being the driver until she found out my mom has witnesses and went to the police. she has no insurance and might not have valid drivers license. Everytime we talk to her her damage costs more(started AT 1,000 NOW AT OVER 3,000) and they have new injuries too. my question is what can i do. do we have to pay? what are the laws about driving with no insurance or drivers licence, or lying about who was driving? thank you in advance for helping me.

BelizeBreeze

Sorry, but brother is an idiot. If he thought she was drunk he should have called the police RIGHT THEN!. Tell him to turn it over to insurance and be done with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">