• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Herniated disc/passenger MVA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjc74

What is the name of your state? PA accident was in MD.

I was involved in a six car accident on the Beltway in MD July 1998, I was a passenger and sustained a bulging disc L5/S1 in the lower back per MRI scans and surgeon's diagnosis. The truck we were traveling in was deemed totaled by insurance company. I hired my attorney in July 1998 from Alexandria, VA.

To sum this up, this lawsuit was just about dismissed due to lack of activity for 3 years. I have been in touch with my attorneys Secratary’s over the years here and there but nothing really ever became of the phone calls. The lawyer would never return my calls or
emails.

As of May 4, 2004 on the job moving boxes the disc had ruptured,
this caused a herniated disk L5/S1 per MRI scans and surgeons diagnosis.
The company let me go, calling it a voluntary resignation and then my Temporary Disability Benefits stopped Nov. 2004. Dec. 2004 I hired a WC attorney in New Jersey were I was working at the time.

I threatened the VA attorney with a legal malpractice claim if my case got dismissed. It was then he became active on this case again. All the Defendants were served in 2004 as a result of my threat. We had a trial date set for Feb. 23, 2005 but my lawyer filed a continuance.

On May 4, 2004 I ruptured the disc at work and have since then been out of work being treated for the injuries. I am now pending Disc Replacement Surgery with in the next four months.

Can anyone recommend a professional attorney who specializes in auto accidents/personal injury in Silver Springs MD. area? I have all documents pertaining to the case including all medical records and Police reports.

Tayla

May I suggest Reviewing the state law for duration of time a plaintiff has to file a suit of this nature. I beleive you have surpassed the time line for bringing about a law suit. Your original lawyer failed to expediate this case , and now you may be at a loss to collect for any damages.

Was the driver licensed from out of state? Are you filing suit with the insurance agency?

naturally these are irrelevant questions if the time frame has been exceeded...

rmet4nzkx

Tayla said:
May I suggest Reviewing the state law for duration of time a plaintiff has to file a suit of this nature. I beleive you have surpassed the time line for bringing about a law suit. Your original lawyer failed to expediate this case , and now you may be at a loss to collect for any damages.

Was the driver licensed from out of state? Are you filing suit with the insurance agency?

naturally these are irrelevant questions if the time frame has been exceeded...
OP already filed the lawsuit.

tjc74

The lawsuit was filed with the courts in Jan 2000 and then left dorment until 2004 then he did a refile? or reissue? with the courts.

Before he did the refile or reissue, I had called the court house the case was filed in to find out what was going on.The clerk at the court house instructed me that the case was "about" to be dissmissed for inactivity.

This is when I threatened with malpractice and he then became active again.
He had all defendents servered in 2004 and we had a court date Feb2005 and he filed a continuance. He did not call me until the day before the trial and he still did not know if we were going to trial until the next morning of the trial.

I believe 3 drivers from MD and 1 VA resident involved in accident. Our vehical was struck by 3 vehicals. (4 defedents in this case) I saved all of the emails I sent to my lawer also.

Last edited:

tjc74

My complaint?

Were talking dollar amounts now.

Plaitiff, xxxxxxxx demands Judgment against the Defendants, x,x,x,x (4 defendants) in the amount of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) for damages, Plus Interest theron from July, 1998 until paid, together with the cost of this action, and for such other and further relief as the Court deems just and proper.

Does this sound fair? How much interest?

My VA lawer handling this case has informed me that the WC Is responsible for damages caused after May 2004.

My medical bills from July 98 (date of accident) until May 04 (date of work accident)add up to around $2,000 dollars. I had just gotten out of the Marine corp Jun 98 so I was not working at the time of the accident. Started job (in NJ)after treatment Mar 99.

Any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">