What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I was involved in a car accident in January of 2009. Of that I suffered whiplash, back pain, and recently discovered 8 months ago, a herniated disc at c5-6. I did not have any pre-existing conditions.
My treat is roughly as follows:
1. Physical Therapy & Chiropractic - $4000
2. MRI - $4200
3. Consult with plastic surgeon regarding small scar on hand - $900
4. Consult with Orthopedic doctor - $980
5. 3 Steroid Injections - $30000
6. Final evaluation with Orthopedic doctor stating that I must have surgery to correct the herniated disc - $1000
7. Some vicodin and oxycotin prescriptions - $1000
The driver has $250k of coverage. And was 100% at fault as she was the driver that hit a parked car and I was a passenger in her vehicle.
How much of a settlement offer is reasonable? Should I accept the insurance company's offer as a partial settlement and pursue her in court?