• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit 2 Deer in 1 Week - 2 Deductibles?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcmitchell

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
I live in West Virginia. I hit a deer and had an estimate and an adjuster came and also gave an estimate - that night I hit another deer. It basically damaged the same parts on the front of the car, but worse. The first estimate was 2500.00, the second 900.00. We have a 500 deductible. The work was not performed before the second hit - they are telling us we have to pay 2 deductibles. Is this standard practice?

MandyD

Since there was already damaged parts before the second accident, all they'd be required to do is replace those parts with parts that are also damaged or repair them to the same level of damage that they were in before. That would put you in the same place as you were before the second accident.

moburkes

You're trying to get around the rules of insurance. Ain't gonna happen. Also, look at what you said. The damage from the 2nd accident was $900.00. Obviously that can't fix the damage from the 1st, which was $2500.00. So, saying that you only want them to fix the damage from the 2nd accident is NOT smart on your part. $900.00 minus your $500.00 deductible, will leave you will $400.00 to fix your car. Which part do you suggest the body shop repair with that $400.00?

What would make you think that its not standard practice? Your policy requires a deductible for each claim that you filed. 2 claims-2 deductibles.

abaga

stephenk said:
you have $2500 damage from the first hit and the second hit caused an additional $900 in damage?
Okay OP, how could the second accident have been worse if the damage estimate was $1400.00 LESS than the first accident???

As someone else asked, how do you expect the 900.00 to fix all of the damage when the first estimate was 2500.00??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">