• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

* hit from behind accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jrfiske1

Phila. Pa
I live in the city. A row home with a driveway. When backing up into a driveway would i be at fault if i backed up into driveway as cars were coming down the street. I put turn signal on, and stop in middle of street and back up. Or should i pull over to curb and wait for cars to pass before backing up. This accident hasnt occured but people are saying i should pull over when able to to allow the cars to go rather than stop

justalayman

It would depend on the specific facts of the situation. I can imagine scenarios where you would be at fault and scenarios where a driver coming up onto you would be at fault. It would be wise to pull to the side and allow any traffic to pass before backing up on any road.

LdiJ

Phila. Pa
I live in the city. A row home with a driveway. When backing up into a driveway would i be at fault if i backed up into driveway as cars were coming down the street. I put turn signal on, and stop in middle of street and back up. Or should i pull over to curb and wait for cars to pass before backing up. This accident hasnt occured but people are saying i should pull over when able to to allow the cars to go rather than stop
If you insist on backing into your driveway rather than pulling straight in, then yes, you absolutely should pull over and let traffic pass before doing so. Otherwise you are obstructing traffic and could get a ticket. However, realistically you are expected to pull into your driveway and back out of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">