• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit from behind in Iowa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkmj22

What is the name of your state? Iowa

On November 11th, 2005 my two children (aged 6 and 2) and I were struck from behind at a stop sign. We were in a 93 Honda Accord which received $3500 in damage which will total it because it has a value of $3000. We were hit by a 2004 Chevy truck that showed no damage. The other driver was working at the time of the accident as a bank courier and driving a company vehicle. The driver gave me the company insurance card and I copied his license info. It turns out that the insurance was not in force and the driver and owner are now trying to avoid my calls. I do have uninsured coverage and medical through my insurance but I would like to know what my options are for recovering lost wages and personal injury. My son and I are still receiving medical treatments and will be for the next month or so as I have limited use of my shoulder. I do know of personal property that the owner of the courier company has so I know he has financial resources. How should I proceed?

Last edited:

dallas702

Get a good P.I. lawyer. He/she will walk you through the whole process. Don't try to deal with this yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">