• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit by a car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

girlincrosswalk

I'm just curious as to what I should do. I was hit by an SUV while I was crossing the street (I was in a crosswalk). I wasn't knocked down, but I sprained my shoulder and have to be in a sling for 2 weeks. The sling is causing me to have really bad headaches/neckaches...in addition to the pain in my shoulder... and the fear of crossing the street! I have spoken with an attorney and he said that I have a pretty good case.. but I'm just kinda curious how much I might get out of it? Because if it's only going to be like 3,000 I'm not sure if I want to enlist the help of a lawyer, since he'll take 33% of it. On the other hand, I don't really know what I'm doing. Any help?

PS-I will also have to do 6-12 sessions of physical therapy for my shoulder.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">