• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit by car- multiple trauma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janeytomlin

What is the name of your state? NH
Hi. My daughter and new SIL stopped last Sunday AM on HGWY after seeing a car go off the road and down an embankment. After snowstorm. They pulled safely off to the side- off the shoulder- and SIL ran down to car to check occupants. My daughter got out and walked around to the embankement beside her car to be out of harm's way. SIL and driver looked up to see another SUV lose control and hit her- no damage to her car but she was thrown 50'. ICU for 3 days. 2 surgeries and 2 units blood. Broken ankle, elbow, upper arm (compound fracture), collarbone, scapula, ribs and pedicles (spinal column). Soft tissue damage to neck and nerve damage to her right hand. Miracle she's alive and no head injury. Will be going to rehab following hospital stay- still no timeframe. They just bought a new condo and she was at a new job for one week. No car insurance for them. SIL has not hired an attorney. Does not want to hurt them because they are Christians and it was an accident. He has talked to one- a church acquaintance- don't know his experience- told him it would be a long time before they saw anything from driver's insurance.
I'd like to know what to say to my daughter about her rights and their obligations and how she should proceed- yep, I know she's married and it's not my problem but he hasn't hired someone to represent them and I need correct info to present to them to pursuade him to act. My daughter has said that she wants to sue them- I know how worried she is. Any advise for them, please, or just comments on typical proceedings. Thanks from a worried mom.

Who cares if they are Christians? How on Earth is that relevant? Your daughter was injured and the other driver was at fault. Get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">