• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by car..urgent!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

misb

my brother was hit by a car that broke a red light while he was crossing the street. there were many bystanders so when the cops came they had enough witnesses. however due to blood loss, the cops just gave him a file#, a name, and a number to call, and sent him right away to a nearby hospital. i'm hesitant and want to be sure exactly what possible options i have/can use in this situation.

your help is appreciated

thank you

ps: the guy didnt run away so he was there, also my brother didnt have thankfully anything broken, but a deep cut above his eye (required stitches), and gashed legs, some ripped skin, bruised elbows and shoulder, and due to pain in his leg he still cant walk. also just to give as much info as i can, he also has missed so far 4 days of school. no work (he doesnt)

once again plz let me know ASAP,... thank you very much

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

misb said:
What is the name of your state?my brother was hit by a car that broke a red light while he was crossing the street. there were many bystanders so when the cops came they had enough witnesses. however due to blood loss, the cops just gave him a file#, a name, and a number to call. i'm hesitant and want to be sure exactly what possible options i have/can use in this situation.

your help is appreciated

thank you

ps: the guy didnt run away so he was there, also my brother didnt have thankfully anything broken, but a deep cut above his eye (required stitches), and gashed legs, some ripped skin, bruised elbows and shoulder, and due to pain in his leg he still cant walk. also just to give as much info as i can, he also has missed so far 4 days of school. no work (he doesnt)

once again plz let me know ASAP,... thank you very much

My response:

You're making little to no sense at all. What does "however due to blood loss, the cops just gave him a file#, a name, and a number to call" mean?
Is that what cops give people in your State when people lose blood? They just give file numbers and phone numbers?

See a personal injury attorney - - and God help you if you talk the same way you write.

IAAL

M

misb

i'm sorry, it was my bad, just typing too fast...

so thats all?? i should just go speak to a personal injury attorney?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MaddieM said:
To, I Am Always Liable
You're just plain and simply MEAN!

My response:

When it comes to people who mangle the English language, as you have, then yes, I'm mean, nasty and boorish right down to the core.

IAAL

M

MaddieM

When people are upset, they tend to ramble. I think everyone got the jest of what the writer was saying. If someone writes in for help, I think it is mean to slam them for their grammer, spelling, etc.... You need a life!!!! :mad:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MaddieM said:
When people are upset, they tend to ramble. I think everyone got the jest of what the writer was saying. If someone writes in for help, I think it is mean to slam them for their grammer, spelling, etc.... You need a life!!!! :mad:

My response:

Really? Do you think we got the "jest"?

Or, do you think people got the "gist"?

Learn the correct words to use

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

Shay-Pari'e

MaddieM said:

Well, if you got the "JEST" of what the post was, why have you not answered the poster?

M

MaddieM

Dear Misb,
I am not an expert. I would assume that if your Brother was crossing the street and a car just ran over him, then the driver is liable. Now, if your Brother jumped out into traffic or against a traffic light, then that may be another story. I am under the impression that this driver hit your Brother as he was crossing the street and there were many witnesses to this. It sounds as though the driver is liable. I am sorry about the squabbling with the other person posting on this site. I used improper English and was called on it. The only excuse I have is my state of mind. I was very annoyed and extremely tired. My point was this, this is not the site to make jest of people's grammer and spelling. I am sorry about your Brother and wish him a speedy recovery as well as peace of mind for you both. God Bless You, MaddieM

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">