• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by drunk driver!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Smithm68

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? :mad: Florida

July 1,2004 I was hit by a drunk driver. She had no DL or Insurance. Thank God I had uninsured motorist. My PIP has covered my medical bills up to now, but it is exhausted at 10,000.00. I have to have surgery to regain the use of my left arm. I have an attorney who is trying to settle with my insurance so that I can use that money to pay for the surgery myself at a cost of approx
35,000.00. My question is my uninsured motorist coverage is 25,000.00 each person and 50,000.00 each occurance. What is the limit my attorney can ask for, the 25,000.00 or the 50,000.00. All I want is my left arm back, you never know what you have lost until it is gone. :(

M

mossy5360

I just had a conversation with my insurance agent yesterday about the coverage amount and the 25,000 would be per person the 50,000 per accident, meaning if someone else were involved in the wreck also they could also go for 25,000. You can only go for 25,000. that was my understanding anyway.

S

Smithm68

:confused: well that stinks, considering that my surgery is going to cost me over $30,000.00. Thanks for your answer! Guess it is in Gods hands now! ;)

Tayla

Smithm68 said:
:confused: well that stinks, considering that my surgery is going to cost me over $30,000.00. Thanks for your answer! Guess it is in Gods hands now! ;)
And just to cheer you up, yes you can sue the owner of said vehichle that caused the accident.Whether they had insurance or not. Consult an attorney on this avenue.

S

Smithm68

:) We have already checked into that route also. She is a 24 year old that is 5 months pregnant and does'nt even have a permanent address. She moves around from boyfriend to boyfriends house. It all depends on which one will have her that day. I feel sorry for her but she has destroyed my future. Thank you all for your answers. If there is one thing that I have learned from this it is much better to be over insured than under insured. God Bless! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">