• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit By A Drunk Driver w/ no insurance and possible false info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

summersrae

The Name of my state is Arizona

On Christmas Eve Morning my brother in law was hit by a drunk driver who was arrested on scene but I believe he gave him false information. After weeks of a lawyer trying to contact the insurance company and the gentleman avoiding our calls we discovered via a lawyer that the gentleman had no insurance and possibly gave false information to the police on scene. Needless to say the lawyer dropped his case with grounds of nothing they could do for them. So my question is where does he go now? He was told he could file a civil lawsuit but he has no idea how to do so or where he would even go from here. Any advise would be greatly apperciated! Thank you! :confused:

Lynx 36

Quote: "the lawyer dropped his case with grounds of nothing they could do for them"

Since the drunk driver has no insurance, he probably has no money. The lawyer decided he couldn't make any money off the case, and dropped it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">