• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit by drunk w/no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amensia

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was rear-ended last week by a drunk driver with no insurance. However, the vehicle he was driving was not his. I have broad from collision so I do not have to pay a deductible for repairs to my vehicle. I do not have medical insurance, but because I have excess medical coverage under my auto I have a $1000 deductible. I was taken to the hospital and had numerous x-rays and also had to return to my doctor.

Since Michigan is a no-fault state can I sue for the $1000 deductible? I know about the $500 mini tort for repairs. I have looked at the victim's compensation application and the application for bodily injury apps, but am not sure if I can get the deductible paid out of this. And, if I can sue, do I sue the driver or the car owner? How do I find out if the owner had the vehicle insured?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">