• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

was hit on foot intentionally, cops refuse help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ely01375

Amherst Mass,

I was parked in a cvs parking lot in a space with the engine off. A woman in another vehicle pulled in to the spot on my passenger side. when she opened her door she slammed the mirror of the vehicle I was in. My girlfriend got out and argued with her, the lady walked away swearing at us. We called the police. while on the phone the lady came back out and slammed the door into our door again this time harder and saying "there, now i hit your door!" she then proceeded to get in her car. I was standing behind the womans car, i had been the whole time after she went into CVS. I told the lady we were calling the cops and that i was taking her plate number. The woman then turned on the car and slammed it into me in reverse on purpose, it knocked me back 2-3 feet but i held my balance, the car was standard so it rolled back forward a little and she then floored it and slammed me again. i got out of her way and she floored it out of the spot, she had room to leav! e, but rammed me again in reverse before leaving. When the police arrived he pretty much refused to do anything and told me that i was completely at fault for getting hit and that i should have moved out of the way, that i could be charged the same as if i just ran out onto the highway. We have a witness to all of this, he gave us his business card so my questions are, 1. the cops pretty much refuse to help, the guy told us to get over it, can we at least make that ladies insurance pay to repaint the door? 2. That woman definitely hit me on purpose, especially the second and third time, why is she not in any trouble. To claim self defence she has to prove she had no other means, this was a broad daylight parking lot with tons of people around and i was not at all behaving in any such threating manner, how dare that cop say it was the same as me running into the highway, not to mention i am mentally disabled and have proof of my 4 medications that all slow my reaction time too much to avoid a moving car, i was standing there before she got in her car. Please what can we do, this woman attempted manslaughter on me, and fled the scene, and this cop didn't even care, he wouldn't even call us back with her info, making us believe he just dropped the whole thing, we have a solid non-partial witness to the whole thing.

The cops called my girlfriend back the next day, they said they refuse to give the ladies info to us and that we are to just drop it, the cop that came out also tried to rub the red paint off our white car, trying to destroy our proof, they also told us that the woman could not have intentionally hit out car with her own because she was driving a nicer car than ours and it just didn't make sense to them, so therefore we were liars.

racer72

Your girlfriend initiated the aggressive behavior and you continued. The police call this an even steven pissing contest, their choice is to arrest everyone or let everyone go. They chose the latter. Your claims of manslaughter are rediculous, she could easily claim she feared for her safety because of your actions. If you really want to persue the matter, gather up a bunch of cash and go see an attorney.

ely01375

Your a moron,

No one was making threats to her, your basically saying that if someone argues with me in public i can jump in my car and run them over because they started a peein contest with me,

I called and flipped out on the sergeant and got my remedy, we now have the info, the lady is being brought up on charges, and the cop is at this moment being flipped out on for telling me it was my fault that i got hit

hitting someone with your car is assault with a deadly weapon, your basically saying that its okay for arguements to turn into assaults or death

how do you figure a car hitting someone wouldn't kill them, I am mentally disabled on strong sedatives and antipsychotics which destroy my reaction time, she popped the clutch which makes a car jump, she hit me with force, i could have been run over, it was a low clearance sports car so it would have crushed me if it went over me, luckily it just pushed me back

i posted this looking for a local lawyer or sound legal advice,
not some bashing moron who doesn't understand the differance between saying "hey you just hit my car whats your insurance info" to slamming a 3,000lb piece of metal into someone

ask around there are plenty of people that have been killed by slow moving, or just rolling cars,

oh and to claim self defense,

• All means of non-violent and non-lethal means of self-defense have failed.
• Death or serious bodily harm will result if you do nothing.
• The use of deadly force does not significantly increase the risk of injury for innocent bystanders.

Careful people, if someone hits your car in the parking lot, don't ask for their info, not only will the cops not help, but if you turn for legal advice you either gotta pay big bucks or put up with morons that have nothing to do but try to make themselves feel better by flaming your post even though they generally proove that they have nothing constructive to add very quickly

Last edited:

ely01375

no one in my generation can spell, its really not important anymore, ive made it threw life just phine with terreble grammar and spellin, anyway though since your bringin it up, why don't you type moron in to dictionary.com and see what comes up, remind you of someone you know very well? I read and write 3 full languages and 5 partial, id spell you under the table if i thought it was important.

if you must know i asked here first, then got sick of it all and called up the sergeant and flipped out on him, then i got my results, so i don't need your help, it won't let me delete this thread so im just gonna enjoy this

A moron is defined as "a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment." that moron tried to say this was all my fault, when in reality he was saying that its okay to run people over, that is notably lacking good judgment, he actually was being a moron by saying it was okay for her to hit me with a car

so i was just stating facts, you cannot go slamming cars into people just cause they are asking for your insurance info,

"boardies" i won't even get into how big of a loser you are,

this board has spell check so i obv. don't give a FF that i am mispellin things, but ummmm...."moron" wasn't one of them, and if you meant my mis use of "your" instead of "you are", well thats grammar not spelling, both grammar and spelling have become useless, welcome to the future, glad i didn't ask for your legal help, you seem too intelligent for simple things heh heh

Last edited:

ecmst12

Good luck on your criminal case. Of course this means her insurance will probably not pay, since insurance does not cover INTENTIONAL acts to damage another person or property. But I agree the cop who spoke to you originally was wrong, standing in a parking lot next to someone's car, who knows you're there, is not the same as running into the highway, and drivers are required to yield to pedestrians in parking lots. Hopefully you have collision coverage on your own car, and PIP or health insurance for your injuries.

VeronicaLodge

its not moron that was misspelled, you incorrectly used "Your" instead of "you're" as in you are a moron, not that you own the moron.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
if you must know i asked here first, then got sick of it all and called up the sergeant and flipped out on him, then i got my results, so i don't need your help
Okay. Anyone who doesn't know this is bull****, please raise your hand. Anyone? Anyone at all? Yeah, that's what I thought. Just checking.

ely01375

what part is bull, that i flipped out on the sergeant?

I have 11 various assault and battery charges, including assaulting an officer (F@# him up pretty good too)

I fear no one, so yes i did flip on him, are you questioning that he did something in my favor,

don't know what to say except he did, if i was a sergeant id be pretty pissed that one of my officers screwed up this well, whether or not he actually did something or just said he was going to i have no way to tell, but i at least got the ladies info and i am pressing charges

Oh and if you need perfect grammar and spelling to understand someone or their writings, it is you who are the moron, intelligent people would skim right over it and pick up the message without a problem, its slow people who get frustrated trying to use extra brain power to decipher a message that the rest of us just understood

Last edited:

lealea1005

what part is bull, that i flipped out on the sergeant?

I have 11 various assault and battery charges, including assaulting an officer (F@# him up pretty good too)
I fear no one, so yes i did flip on him, are you questioning that he did something in my favor,

don't know what to say except he did, if i was a sergeant id be pretty pissed that one of my officers screwed up this well, whether or not he actually did something or just said he was going to i have no way to tell, but i at least got the ladies info and i am pressing charges

Oh and if you need perfect grammar and spelling to understand someone or their writings, it is you who are the moron, intelligent people would skim right over it and pick up the message without a problem, its slow people who get frustrated trying to use extra brain power to decipher a message that the rest of us just understood

Something to be proud of.:rolleyes:

FlyingRon

The name of this group is FreeAdvice.

This is my last bit. If you have eleven charges, you need to pay a lawyer. Having been paid to listen to you, they will possibly be more amenable to your ranting.

fcobarr

OP - your history won't help your ("belonging to you" - not "you are" - which you confused in an earlier post) defense.

Good luck. Keep us posted as to how things progress with your case and what the eventual outcome is.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I see that you tried to make an improvement (probably to prove that you do this by choice). But, you still came up short - can you figure out what you didn't get right? :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">