• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit a guy, drove off, but immediatly came back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grandr29

MI

I was pulling out of a street onto a 4 lane road (with a large median inbetween so it was like a one way) and i was checking left for traffic, two guys decided to walk infront of me, i let off the brake and started to go when the traffic was clear to the left, and didnt check right and hit the guy. I barely hit the guy and i stopped the car. At this point i was in shock and the two guys walked behind my car, hit my car with his hand and started to walk away. At that point i was panicking so i drove off, right after i drive off i thought that they try to claim a hit and run so i had to make a dutch turn and turned around back to the spot where i hit him, they were gone i saw them in teh distance walking away, so i then drove out made a another dutch left turn and then pulled into a drive by where they were walking. I asked if he was ok and he said that he was fine, and all in all, said everything was ok. So then i drove off. However i saw that he was on a cell phone b4 coming up to him and i was wondering whether he had called the cops to report a hit and run, and just didn't tell me when i confronted him. I was also panicking to much to think to ask if had contacted the police at all when i talked to him. Also note that there was no cross walk either. No exchange between names or numbers took place. Would this still count as a hit and run even though i came back?

grandr29

hey

a "dutch turn", otherwise known as a "Michigan Turn", is where you cannot turn left on a road because it is a one way because there is a large median in between opposing lanes. So you have to turn right, then immediatly after the right there is a spot to that crosses the median to turn left. I panicked because nothing happened like that ever before, it was a stupid thing to do So you say its not a hit and run? Say the guy did call the police, iknow they didnt come because when i pulled up to him he was just walking into a party (Even invited me to come inside). Can you even file a police report over the phone? This happend a week ago

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">