• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit on Highway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wildcatome

My husband and I were on our way to northern Maine to snowmobile for the weekend. An unlicensed driver in his unregistered truck hit us doing 70 mph (speed limit was 45). We rolled over and damaged our vehicle, snowmobiles, and trailer. The other driver's vehicle was impounded and he was ticketed. I am out of work for at least two weeks with neck strain. I probably will miss the rest of the season of snowmobiling.
My question is, what kind of compensation should I try to get besides the repairs? This is a new, and most unpleasant experience for us.
The driver does have insurance. Thanks for any help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

wildcatome said:
My husband and I were on our way to northern Maine to snowmobile for the weekend. An unlicensed driver in his unregistered truck hit us doing 70 mph (speed limit was 45). We rolled over and damaged our vehicle, snowmobiles, and trailer. The other driver's vehicle was impounded and he was ticketed. I am out of work for at least two weeks with neck strain. I probably will miss the rest of the season of snowmobiling.
My question is, what kind of compensation should I try to get besides the repairs? This is a new, and most unpleasant experience for us.
The driver does have insurance. Thanks for any help.
My response:

Due to severity of this is the type of accident, you really should see a Personal Injury attorney for representation. Your property damage will amount to the thousands, and so will your medical treatments. Negotiating for both, including your pain and suffering can be a daunting task for the uninitiated. Remember, the insurance adjuster does this for a living, knows the laws, and knows the correct questions to ask. You don't.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">