• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit and ignored

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

disregarded

I was reared ended at a red light last week. The accident was not that bad, but I did get a few scratches and such on my bumper. I was not injuried, but just a shaken up. I called 911 and an officer arrived. On his arrival, the other driver pleaded with him saying that there was hardly any damage and that she had to get back to work. He asked me if I was injured and I told him no that I only experienced a little jerk. He told us that we should just exchange information. I thought he would at least do an accident report, but he didn't. All the other driver gave me was her name and phone number and she wrote down mine. Not thinking straight at the time, I didn't think about getting her insurance information or anything else. I filed a claim with my insurance company and they tried to contact her. On their first contact with her, she hung up on my agent. My agent has continued to call her and I have tried to contact her. After many messages left on her voicemail, she refused to return any messages or contact me. I even left a message stating that we didn't have to go through the insurance that we could settle the damages between us if we could discuss it. I get nothing. I'm fustrated that someone can rear-end another person and simply not take responsibility for their actions. Is there anyone who could give me any advice on my situation? Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Disregarded
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Good that you were not injured.
You can try to track down her address using her phone number.

disregarded

I called an attorney the other day and left my information with his assistant. I'm still waiting for a call back from the attorney.

Thanks for the info.

disregarded

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">