• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit man hole cover

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bacca33

What is the name of your state? massachusetts

i ran over a manhole cover in lowell mass, it was loose flipped up and did sever damage,
when i filed a claim with the city clerk, there law dept. told me i didn't do it within 30 days so i get zip.
is this true, did my procrastination cost me or do i have a case?

thanks for any help

gary milliken

R

reddenbakker

yes, thats how ANY city get out of paying for tons and tons of claims, and by the way it saves the homeowner money due to not having to raise real estate taxes as much, thefore the rent wont have to go up either....

Most cities have very very very short time (staute of limitations) to file a claim. (you should check with a lawyer to make sure its 30 days and not 45 or 60)

30 days to 60 days seems reasonable, UNLESS you can prove you could not file a claim on time, due to being in the hospital or in jail. no kidding

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">