• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit with no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlshade

What is the name of your state? Pennslyvania, Got hit by a car coming out of the mall, he says I am at fault but he self admited to going at least 25 to 35 in a 15 mile zone. I had no stop sign or yeild, pulled out slowly after looking both ways and smash into the side of me. My car has total damage but his only has a crocked headlight and a small scrapings on a plastic bumper. The bumper has previous damge from another accident but he wants me to pay 1200$ for a new bumper kit and 75 for a new headlight. The skids from his car were about 10 feet long on there was none from me since i just started to pull out when i was hit. The problem in I found out my husband had no insurance on it then and all i have is a permit. Should I purse this and deal with it since he was at fault or is it better for me to pay. What then happens to my car? He hit is so hard it broke my drivers side axle and the door s smashed in. WHo is resposible. Me or Him?

Bravo8

Let's see if I understand this correctly.....

You were exiting the mall parking lot, and were struck by a vehicle tarveling on the roadway? If so, the driver on the road has the right of way. Regardless of whether you had a stop sign or not, Pa law requires you to treat the intersection as if it were posted with a stop sign.

The fact that he admits to traveling 15 to 20 mph over the limit doesn't apply. Besides, 15 mph speed limits only exist in school zones, so I doubt it was a 15 mph zone.

How did you "carefully" pull out after "looking both ways, yet were strcuk by a vehicle? Did you not see him? He wasn't going that fast.......

And you have no license, nor insurance. He sould have reported the accident to the police and had you prosecuted.

J

jlshade

First of all it is a mall roadway not an actual roadway, 2nd of all it is 15 miles per hour speed limit which was posted an reported to the police. Where I pulled out there was a curve before the road way, i checked both ways and pulled out slowly as stated by myself and in the POLICE REPORT. It is stated because it is a heavy traffic area he was required to yeild to oncoming traffic. Since it was a curve and there was a good chance that he may of not seen me if he was going the required speed limit in that area he would of not broke my front tire axle or damaged his car.

J

jlshade

reply to which side

To reply to the other reply it was my driver door and front tire which the axle on the drivers side was snapped in half.

Z

zappy

Jlshade: The problem in I found out my husband had no insurance on it then and all i have is a permit.

NO JL SHADE the problem is You MARRIED a LOSER!

Come on woman, you didnt know hubby was spending the insurance money in a strip joint? What other reason could there be for a HUBBY to keep this from his wife?

Its cheating and lying, and he is a LOSER!

So why do you stay with him anyway? cant do any better?

Bravo8

A "mall roadway" means it is private property.

That means:

He DOES NOT have to abide by any posted "speed limit"
NO ONE is required to abide by any supposed "yield rule"

And it's not a police matter, anyway. Accidents on private property aren't required to be reported to the state.

It is up to insurance companies to determine fault. In my opinion, which you asked for, he was traveling on the through road, and you were pulling out. Therefore, you are responsible.

25 mph isn't very fast. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">