• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by an oil truck 1 year ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jewellsey

Feb 2000 I was hit by an oil truck in Maryland. Since that time I've been unable to work due to neck, back and shoulder injuries. My attorney said we cannot file suit until I am either better or my physician says I will not get better. I am slated to have surgery on my shoulder at Johns Hopkins (it took a year for doctors to do an MRI on my shoulder at which time 2 tumors were noted as well as damage to shoulder) I've had every test imaginable, had shots of Botox, on pain and muscle relaxers constantly. During this time I had to resign my position at an Assn, and we subsequently lost our home due to my loss of income. My company had a disability insurance program in place, however, due to mishandled paperwork by my attorney, my claim was denied. We cannot make it on one salary in the DC area and I truly can't go on like this much longer. Would it be prudent to ask my attorney to attempt a settlement with the Oil Company? Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">