• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit in parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tellerwoman

What is the name of your state? Virginia. My daughter was driving in a parking lot. she pulled out and a car hit her. the lady had a leg brace on and said if she would have had time she would have stopped. my daughter has a small dent above the right fender. she said it looked like the lady had no damage. my daughter was never in an accident and didn't know to call the police. this was in june. the lady that hit her has now called us and our insurance company saying she has a witness that my daughter ran a stop sign (daughter said there was no stop sign). also, she has an attorney at her disposal should she need him.
she also says my daughter hit her. should i worry about this. it's it her word against ours. our daughter also had a witness. a friend in the car with her.

Bigfoot

The police probably appreciate your daughter not tying them up with such a minor fender bender. Of course it's serious to you and your daughter because an accident is nerve wracking-but it doesn't compare to a pile up on I-295.

The old lady is blowing smoke. Its one word versus the other. So far, her insurance company has not called you, her attorney has not called you, and law enforcement has not called you. Don't you find this interesting?

What exactly is the old lady asking for?

T

tellerwoman

thanks. your reply makes me feel better. actually she hasn't asked for anything yet. i think she's trying to scare us into something right now.

spawn_x

a couple common sense questions:

obviously she has your information, how did she get it? did you give it to her? If so, then did you get her information back?

when she came home and told you about it, why didn't you contact both of your insurance companies instead of hiding it?

who's fault was it? granted your daughter was pulling out, but was she coming too fast? did she turn? or is it your daughter's fault?

my only advice is to run to her house and take pictures of ALL of the corners of the vehicle up close as proof.

also take pictures of your vehicle....

when time for court comes (if she request some rediculous amount of money tell your insurance company not to cover it, then she or her insurance company will take you to court) fight the rediculous charges with pictures as proof that it was simply too small of a fender bender to cause that damage.

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

tellerwoman said:
my daughter has a small dent above the right fender. --

---she also says my daughter hit her.

Where can I get one of those cars that drives sideways?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">