• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit in the parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

indiDriver

What is the name of your state? Indiana

In my school parking lot I was hit in the side of my car.

I was waiting in line to exit the parking lot. The traffic was stop and go so we were moving very slow. I was in the "Through" lane waiting while the person who hit me was still in the parking area waiting to enter into the through lanes. The person hit me square in the side of my car. The driver's side doors are dented with about $1500.00 in damages(I have estimates).

She says that I changed lanes and pulled in front of her and is not claiming responsibility. I contend as well as the school security staff that had I did that I would have hit her car or that damage to my car would have been near the front. The reports that was filled out at the school lists me as a Victim and her as a suspect

My dad says that any time you hit someone with your front bumper it's your own fault. I would like to agree with him.

Any thoughts or suggestion ??
Thanks Much

I

indiDriver

My insurance agents wants this to be paid for by the other person's insurance so as there is no points toward me. Which is the route we are taking. However, the other insurance doesn't exactly see it my way.

BelizeBreeze

indiDriver said:
My insurance agents wants this to be paid for by the other person's insurance so as there is no points toward me. Which is the route we are taking. However, the other insurance doesn't exactly see it my way.
And that's why you have insurance. Let them handle it.

By the way, why did I tell you that dad was wrong? Can you think of any situations where his statment would be wrong?

There will be a test on this later. ;)

I

indiDriver

My Dad is back peddling now. He's changing his statement to "In most casese".

I'm trying not to make a claim against my insurance in an effort to not make my rates go up. My agent is handling the communication with the other's claim adjuster. I have a meeting with the adjuster and I would like some facts to back my case. How does this situation back me ?

Thanks
Again

BelizeBreeze

indiDriver said:
My Dad is back peddling now. He's changing his statement to "In most casese".

I'm trying not to make a claim against my insurance in an effort to not make my rates go up. My agent is handling the communication with the other's claim adjuster. I have a meeting with the adjuster and I would like some facts to back my case. How does this situation back me ?

Thanks
Again
Smart man :D Just ask him "what about someone who rearends me?".

As for your rates going up, it's not always the case. In your case, if you were found not at fault then your rates won't go up.

Since I don't have all of the facts of your case, the police report (?) or witness statements, there's no way to know who will be found at fault or the degree of fault assigned.

Just remember, you have insurance for a reason. Let them handle it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">