• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit in the parking lot with someone going the wrong way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sn00pywhite

What is the name of your state? california

i was backing out of a parking lot when a car hit me. the parking lot has a rule of "one-way" street. (the signs are posted clearly along the parking lot) this car was going the wrong way, and that's why i didn't see his car coming. my insurance said that there's a law saying whoever's backing out is always the one at fault. my question is, what bout the other driver's going the wrong way, breaking the law.. doesn't he have some fault in the incident too?

S

sn00pywhite

i did initially... but paid more attention to the incoming cars from my left, and not from my right side ('cause there was a sign "do not enter" there), so I didn't think there would be any cars coming from that direction.

HomeGuru

sn00pywhite said:
i did initially... but paid more attention to the incoming cars from my left, and not from my right side ('cause there was a sign "do not enter" there), so I didn't think there would be any cars coming from that direction.
**A: I agree with your insurance company.

S

sn00pywhite

thanks for the replies.. one last question.

so the fault was all mine? What bout the driver who went the wrong way? Didn't he have any faults too? I don't think I should pay for all the damages done to my car and his.

HomeGuru

sn00pywhite said:
thanks for the replies.. one last question.

so the fault was all mine? What bout the driver who went the wrong way? Didn't he have any faults too? I don't think I should pay for all the damages done to my car and his.
**A: then take it up with your insurance company.

spawn_x

while that may be true i do believe you had the right of way since he was going the wrong direction.

i'd go to small claims court against the driver.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">