• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit Podesterian Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angelblu10ac

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was in the right lane driving my kids to school this morning, traffic was busy, I was going about 35-40 mph when all of a sudden a lady came out of no where, running in front of my car and I hit her. She landed on my windsheild, bounced off the hood and was thrown maybe 50 feet. The ambulance and police came. There was a witness that stated she saw everything and told the police that it was not my fault. The witness was trying to cross the street behind this lady and saw me comming and decided to wait. The last I heard the woman I hit was in stable condition. I do know there were major injuries. My question is, Can I possibly get sued even though I was told by the Police it was not my fault and I did not get ticketed? What sould I do to prepare for the worst?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was in the right lane driving my kids to school this morning, traffic was busy, I was going about 35-40 mph when all of a sudden a lady came out of no where, running in front of my car and I hit her. She landed on my windsheild, bounced off the hood and was thrown maybe 50 feet. The ambulance and police came. There was a witness that stated she saw everything and told the police that it was not my fault. The witness was trying to cross the street behind this lady and saw me comming and decided to wait. The last I heard the woman I hit was in stable condition. I do know there were major injuries. My question is, Can I possibly get sued even though I was told by the Police it was not my fault and I did not get ticketed? What sould I do to prepare for the worst?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone can get sued. What is the speed limit on that road? Was she in a crosswalk when she ran out?

ecmst12

They can sue you, but if it was not your fault, they won't win. You should report the accident to your insurance company (if you haven't already) just in case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">