• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by a police officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maitis

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was hit by a police officer in Feb. of this year. I was on my way to work when he made a U-turn into my left back quarter panel, and side swiped me, I ended up on a side walk. The county paid my property damages within 2 weeks of the accident.
I have obtained a Lawyer, BUT, I am not fully understanding why I will not get paid for lost wages, pain and suffering (2 herniated disks in my neck, and lower back sprain), and punitive damages, when the officer was at fault.

HomeGuru

maitis said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was hit by a police officer in Feb. of this year. I was on my way to work when he made a U-turn into my left back quarter panel, and side swiped me, I ended up on a side walk. The county paid my property damages within 2 weeks of the accident.
I have obtained a Lawyer, BUT, I am not fully understanding why I will not get paid for lost wages, pain and suffering (2 herniated disks in my neck, and lower back sprain), and punitive damages, when the officer was at fault.
**A: property damage to the vehicle and personal injury to yourself are 2 separate and distinct claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">