• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit @a red light and his Ins. does not want to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BabiJ

A year ago in May,(California) I was hit at a red light and with my foot on the break I still slammed into the truck in front on me squishing my car. I was sandwiched between two big trucks. I was injured in my right arm and could barely lift it. His insurance would not answer the phone or call me back after my innitial claim. I finally got a call after two weeks of missing work when I couldn't get a ride. My Dad and my Uncle wanted me to get a lawyer but I wanted to be fair too. I talked to a lady there finally and she upset me so I went to a lawyer recommended to me. They do not want to pay saying that I claimed to them not to be hurt when I did. I know this because I was very upset and rememember that conversation well. I am finally having to sue becasue they are refusing to pay anything and the lawyer says that they will not return calls and are refusing to really cooperate. Is there anything I can do? I had to buy a new car with my own money and since I am now getting married this July that money could have come in handy for my wedding. I was hoping to have some kind of settlement by now so I would not have to borrow.
-Frustrated

In California, the statute of limitations is one year from the date of the accident. If you have not been able to settle the claim, then a lawsuit must be filed to protect your statute from running.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">