• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by rental car, driver has no insurance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

auggie00

I live in Washington State. Last year I was hit on I-5 by a guy driving a rental car. My truck went from the slow lane northbound, into the median, airborne rolling across the southbound lanes, rolled twice and ended up on a frontage road. By the way Toyota's are great. His personal insurance coverage did not apply to a rental car.

It has been well over a year and my auto insurance is covering everything. I ended up with a fractured vertabrae, head injury and lots of back problems. I will never be the same or anywhere close to the same.

The rental car company says the driver has no assets and say that they will give me 25K, then I need to go after my underinsured portion of my policy. This bothers me. Why should my insurance have to cover this. Shouldn't the rental car company be on the line for this?

I am seriously thinking of changing lawyers since I am not really getting good answers from my attorney. I feel like they are just not fighting for me.

Help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">