• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit riding bicycle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BTDT

hit pedestrian who is at fault?

What is the name of your state? ga
my best friends son (13) was hit by a car while riding his bike in a residental and school zone (school is next street) and the roads are dirt. i'm not from ga just live here, but the stupid hick cop told her she had to pay damages done to the ladies car. i told my friend to get a lawyer my bet is if the lady couldn't stop she was speeding. besides if you hit a pedestrian aren't you always at fault? shouldn't my friend still get a lawyer? my conscious would make me want to do all i could for the child. that lady should just pay all anyway.

Last edited:

racer72

If the child was at fault, the child's parents are liable for any damages. Yes, she should get a lawyer, she is probably going to be sued.

enjay

Re: hit pedestrian who is at fault?

BTDT said:
i told my friend to get a lawyer my bet is if the lady couldn't stop she was speeding. besides if you hit a pedestrian aren't you always at fault? .
No. The pedestrian isn't supposed to be in the middle of the street. If the pedestrian is in a crosswalk, yes the driver is at fault. If the pedestrian is dashing across I-95, he is at fault. Your friend should get a lawyer who will help her in any event.

B

BTDT

just so you know all the dirt roads in Ga. are single lane. the kids or anyone for matter can't help being in the middle. there are no bike lanes the kids just ride where they can (mine don't for that very reason the speeders) but when she came thru the residental area around the curve she needed to be slow enough to be able to stop knowing children at play (sign indicates) common sense tells that and should have told the cop Duh too fast for road and curve to stop. i think it is b/s that this HICK sherrif, cop what ever they are HICKS doesn't have enough sense to figure that out!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">