• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit and run!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chilltown

What is the name of your state?
IL
i was involved in a car accident a couple of days ago. i was makin a left turn on a green arrow. my light had turned from a red to a green arrow. i had noticed another car on the other lane that was stopped,( meaning oncommin traffic had a red light) so i start accelerating and half way into the intersection, i see this car headed straight for me. i did not see her when i started to make the turn. so i hit the gas and luckily, the car had jes clipped my right end and ripped off my bumper. i stop my car and get out, but the other car was gone. i back up and start followin the car. i catch up to her and try and motion her to stop, keep in mind that im drivin really fast and tryin to keep an eye on the road and tryin to motion the other driver to stop. anywayz, she hits her brakes and her side view mirror hits mine and leave a scrape on my side door and hers. finally i managed to stop her and call the cops. as soon as the cops got to the scene, she hysterically started to cry claimin i tried to beat her up. the cops give me two tickets, one for not yeilding ( i dint kno im supposed to yeild on a green arrow) and another one for improper lane usage, and let her go with just the accident report. im 19 and so was she, she keeps insisting that i ran a red light. im a minority and she is white. there were no witnesses because i started followin her ryt after the accident had happened. wat are my options here??thankz..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">