• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shorty14311

What is the name of your state? New York

Someone hit my car. I was pulling out of the parking, and i stopped infront of the light. The car wanted to speep up and pass the yellow light before it turned red. So he went around me and hit my front left head light. We both got out of the car and he tried to blame it on me. But then i called the police cause he wanted to leave. I told him not to leave cause the police were on the way. He said he had to go somewhere important. So he left, and I waited for the police. I made a police report. The only information that I got from the guy who hit my car, was his license plate # and a phone #. Well days later a ordered a copy of the police report and they had the guy's information. The next thing I did, was I got an estimate of the damages, and it was over 1,000 dollars. Now I want to know what should do next? Souldn't the guy get arrested?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">