• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

holysm0ke78

What is the name of your state? NJ

I recently posted about this incident in this forum but here is an update.

I went to pick up an accident report. A guy had sideswipped my car and drove off. I followed him to a nearby mall down the street. Anyway, the lady at the desk said she could not give my accident report to me because a detective was investigating. That because it was a hit and run incident they had to issue him a subpeona and "find the guy." I am confused because I had gotten the guy to pull over and even though the guy was driving a company truck, the cop had gotten all the guys info.. license registration and insurance information. Why do they need to find the guy when he was right there when we gave the accident report?The lady said they have to get the guy to come down to the police station.

I can't even do anything with insurance. I refuse to go through my own insurance because it will affect my premiums and rates. And this was not at all my fault. I can't do anything without the report and I just don't understand why they need to find someone who was standing right there with a cop present and his info was recorded.

Can anyone possibly explain this to me? I tried to explain it to the lady behind the desk that I had chased the guy and he was pulled over with the cop who took the report present.

Last edited:

holysm0ke78

I don't have the accident report or their insurance information. I have nothing at all. They said they cannot give me the report because they are investigating.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">