• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sorilue

My daughter was legally parked on the street and her car was hit. She reported it to the police and after a little detective work we determined who hit her. The person that did it admitted that she had hit it and didn't know what to do so she left(this was a 42 year old woman). She was cited for the hit and run. This has caused alot of upset for us and our daughter. Do we have any legal recourse of the than her insurance repairing the car?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sorilue said:
My daughter was legally parked on the street and her car was hit. She reported it to the police and after a little detective work we determined who hit her. The person that did it admitted that she had hit it and didn't know what to do so she left(this was a 42 year old woman). She was cited for the hit and run. This has caused alot of upset for us and our daughter. Do we have any legal recourse of the than her insurance repairing the car?
My response:

Why is this causing "a lot of upset for us and our daughter" ?

Last time I checked, a car is primarily made of metal, and can be repaired when damaged.

Did you want to put bamboo shoots under the woman's fingernails ? Would you like to hang her from her toes like the Italians did to "Il Duce" at the close of WW II ? Perhaps, she should be burned at the stake ? Shall we dunk her as a Witch as they did in Salem, Massachusettes ? How about putting her on trial for "Crimes against Humanity" like we did with Hitler's and Tojo's henchmen ?

Is there something more you're not telling me ?

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 12-21-2000 at 07:42 PM]

S

sorilue

I am upset by what happened because we have tried to teach our children to earn what they have and to treat other peoples property with respect. She drives a 89 cavalier that most teenagers would not be happy with. She paid for it with money she earned over two summers before she turned sixteen. It has just been completey repainted in the last month due to another accident that was not her fault. My new car that I value has also been hit in a parking lot with no note in the last month. I would like all of my children to know that not only do I expect certain things from them but the law does also. I think your response to my question was very rude, I think you should ask for more questions before you form an opion of someone you don't know.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sorilue said:
I am upset by what happened because we have tried to teach our children to earn what they have and to treat other peoples property with respect. She drives a 89 cavalier that most teenagers would not be happy with. She paid for it with money she earned over two summers before she turned sixteen. It has just been completey repainted in the last month due to another accident that was not her fault. My new car that I value has also been hit in a parking lot with no note in the last month. I would like all of my children to know that not only do I expect certain things from them but the law does also. I think your response to my question was very rude, I think you should ask for more questions before you form an opion of someone you don't know.

My response:

What opinion did I have of you ? Geez, I'd hate to see what you're like when a "real" problem occurs. What do you do, turn into Godzilla and start stomping on towns and cities ?

No one was questioning your abilities to rear your daughter either; but is going crazy over car damage a good example to set for her ?

But, now I have an opinion of you. You're an idiot.

It's only a car for Christ's sake !

Get it repaired, and stop getting emotional over a hunk of metal and bolts.

And, take a Valium, will ya ?

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 12-21-2000 at 11:33 PM]

LegalBeagle

sorilue said:
Look at it this way, your daughter has just learnt one of the most apt lessons. Life can sometimes suck!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

As far as life sometimes sucking, not for our writer it doesn't.

Not when she can reach into the other woman's chest, rip out her heart and feed it to her . . . then, life is wonderful.

IAAL

S

sorilue

Ohhhhhhhhh IAAL you make me laugh! You have shed a new light on all the lawyer and lawyer want to be jokes I have heard. Thanks for nothing. Hope you have a Merry Christmas though. Don't bother to repond I will not read it. I've wasted enough time.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sorilue said:
Ohhhhhhhhh IAAL you make me laugh! You have shed a new light on all the lawyer and lawyer want to be jokes I have heard. Thanks for nothing. Hope you have a Merry Christmas though. Don't bother to repond I will not read it. I've wasted enough time.
My response:

And, my dear, you have reinforced the fact that uneducated nutbags still exist, and set lousy examples for their children. That way, the hate, distrust, and meanness can continue from one generation to the next.

What a lousy parent, "sor - i - lue" ser.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 12-22-2000 at 05:15 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">