• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dawggoneit

What is the name of your state? Georgia

On October 22 of this year I was involved in a hit and run. No thanks to the police I caught the person who did it a week after the accident. Her husband told the police that she hit a deer, when i called her insurance company (progressive) she had already filed a claim that someone lane changed on her(insurance fraud) and when she was brought into the police station she said she had a diabetic attack and she she came to (which was a lie she was looking around before she drove off) she heard a man telling her to "go, go" so she did. From this accident I just discovered last friday that I have a annular tear between L4 and L5 I am scheduled to have a epidural steroid injection soon. I am just wondering how strong of a case this is and how long will it take to settle? I mean, I have been out of work practically since I had the wreck. I work on commission so there is no money coming in from me :(
Thanks

Andy0192

What is the name of your state? Georgia

On October 22 of this year I was involved in a hit and run..... From this accident I just discovered last friday that I have a annular tear between L4 and L5 I am scheduled to have a epidural steroid injection soon. I am just wondering how strong of a case this is and how long will it take to settle? I mean, I have been out of work practically since I had the wreck. I work on commission so there is no money coming in from me :(
Thanks
Did you go to see a doctor after your accident? It took a month to discover you have a tear between L4 & L5 ? Can you show the tear is a direct result of the accident?

Has the other driver been charged or received a citation?

Why can't you work? Most commission jobs are sales & require little in the way of physical labor. Have you been going to work since the accident? Why did your commissions suddenly stop? What was your average commission before the accident? My jobs that have been commissioned usually took 2-3 months of work before I saw commissions resulting from that work, and consequently, any slow down in sales took 2-3 months before I saw a lag in commissions.

More facts - less feelings - would help your case.

-Andy

dawggoneit

Yes I went immediately to a doctor and they just now have done an MRI. The injury the doctor said was from the impact of the vehicle stricking me from behind. The other driver has been charged with a hit and run. I sell life and health insurance, no sales=no pay. It is hard for me to sit or stand let alone drive around to sell. I have only been working a couple of months at this job so I dont have my clients built up enough to have commissions coming in steadily.

ecmst12

Your case is plenty strong but you can't settle until your treatment is complete. An injury that shows on an MRI is pretty significant - you may end up needing surgery. Consulting a lawyer would not be a bad idea.

dawggoneit

Thanks I contacted a lawyer. I hate to have to do this but I have not been able to work since the wreck. I am worried cause I think I shouldnt have replaced my vehicle until I could work. I am so worried about making car payments when I didnt have one. Just needing to vent right now......:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">