• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit and run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

guiltless

being charged with hit and run when i feel i do not deserve. talked to guy who owned parked car that night he still called cops because my boyfriend got smart with him. i have a suspended license for late payment on fines. is hit and run a misdemeanor or felony. thinking of pleading guilty because officer said he was going to charge for hit & run but said nothing of driving under suspended license. what to do? guilty or not guilty?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

guiltless said:
being charged with hit and run when i feel i do not deserve. talked to guy who owned parked car that night he still called cops because my boyfriend got smart with him. i have a suspended license for late payment on fines. is hit and run a misdemeanor or felony. thinking of pleading guilty because officer said he was going to charge for hit & run but said nothing of driving under suspended license. what to do? guilty or not guilty?
My response:

You're as guilty as sin. Why?

1. You didn't tell us your State name.

2. You didn't give us any facts about how the accident happened, both before and after, and why it is the cop's opinion that you "hit and ran".

So, give us more facts and we'll be glad to help you any way we can.

IAAL

G

guiltless

i am from pennsylvania. what happedened was that i had pulled into the gentleman's parking area and misjudged the distance and tapped the front of his car parking, to pick up my daughter from the babysitter's house. My boyfriend said he would talk to the guy as i got my daughter. i came out and my boyfriend was in the car and the guy was out looking at his car. i told the guy that we would take care of it and he made no comment, things were pretty heated between him and my boyfriend. this guy and i live in the same park so i figured we'd get in touch with each other the next day. the guy told me he called the cops because of my boyfriend's attitude. my insurance is taking care of costs. i had thought my boyfriend had given info to the guy but had not. that is why the officer said he was going to get me with hit and run, because i had not done so that evening. i had assumed that my boyfriend had done so.

[Edited by guiltless on 04-06-2001 at 07:23 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">