• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit & Run Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TIALAW28

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was involved in a hit and run accident about a week ago. The person rear ended me, and left the scence of the accident. I had an eyewitness who tried to catch the vehicle that hit me. He got the first 2 letters of the license tag and the last 3 numbers. All the police department has to do is research that missing letter. Which they told me could take anywhere from 6 to 28 days.

And come to find out on my insurance, I did not have uninsured motors covered on it. So all i have covered is the basic liability that covers the other person. : ( So, now I have about 2000 dollars worth of damage to my car. And this is the only car that my family has to use.

I felt fine at the accident all accept for my arm, which I think I spranged due to having a stick shift. But the next day I was in tremendous pain. So I got my husband to take me to the hospital, and they did the normal routine check on me and ran 6 x-rays. Which, thank god, nothing was broken. But now its been a week, and I am having severe back pain and severe headaches.

My question is, do I need to get a personal injury lawyer? Or is it even going to help me, knowing that I dont have the other person to file against?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">