• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HIT & RUN in Alpharetta, GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sGirL55

I live in an aparment complex and my neighbor's moving company hit my truck. My neighbor was in the breezway, returning to his apartment on the 3rd floor when he heard a loud BANG. He saw the movers out of their moving truck, inspecting my vehicle and then he saw them quickly leave. My neighbor had the good sense to leave his information on my vehicle. After contacting the agent company(the actualy company that made the move for a major moving company), I was simply told "Our driver claims he didn't do it...it's your word against his....call your insurance company." I was not offered any other type of assistance. I then filed a police report and was contacted by the major moving company a few days after. I was told by the insurance manager of the major company that they would be paying for repairs and car rental while my truck was in the shop. After faxing them my estimate, it has been impossible to speak with them again. I then received a letter in the mail stating the agent company(the company that actually made the move for the major company) would be handling my claim. Well once I contacted the agent company, I was referred to the same woman who initially offered no assistance, I basically received no assistance AGAIN! The representative claimed to not have any information regarding my claim and was unaware of my case(though this was the same woman I spoke to the first time), however, she knew that the driver denied hitting my truck and she said their insurance company is handling it and will contact me?!?!? Which doesn't make sense, b/c she doesn't know about my claim but knows who the driver was and their insurance company will be calling me?!?! Anyhow, she told me to fax her my police report, statement, and estimate(which I was assuming she already had from the letter I received in the mail from the major company). I'm in the process of getting that information to her, but I fear that when she receives the information, I'll get the same run around that I've been getting. I've been trying to contact the major company for assistance but EVERYTIME I call the manager, who offered payment for repairs, is always "on the other line and will call me back". Well this has been going on for a month and I'm fearing I will find no closure. What should I do if I still receive the run around or no payment of repairs?

JETX

Your answer is really very simple....
TALK WITH AN ATTORNEY!!!

He/She will handle all of your paperwork and make sure that you get what you should. Further, his/her fees should be covered by the liable party (make sure before hiring the attorney).

S

sGirL55

re: HIT & RUN

Actually the liable party, being the agent moving company, is not admitting fault, though the major moving company never admitted fault, the major company has agreed to pay for any damages & car rental.

The agent company now has all my information(police report, estimate, my statement) and all I have been told by the agent company is that my information has been passed to their insurance company and I will be contacted. Currently, I am still awaiting contact.

JETX

With all due respect, from the details furnished in your original post, you might still be waiting by the time NEXT Christmas rolls around.

My suggestion still stands:
Either get an attorney involved or at least threaten them (the moving companies) that you are considering obtaining legal counsel if they don't get moving on this. You have waited long enough.... and even then, you have no idea what they might throw at you next (more delays, argue over damages and amounts, etc.). You need to be pro-active and get their attention.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">