• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit and run case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

le_008

What is the name of your state? MA

i was in a car accident a few days ago. what happened was, i got hit on the driver's side by another car that was speeding at a 20 mph road. if he was to stay at the scene, i know that no matter what i say, i would be at fault. however, he decided to leave, so now this is a hit and run case. i followed his car right when he was leaving so i managed to get the license plate number. i called the police and they said that they will be investigating on the car. i received some minor injuries to my neck and my arm but i didn't went to the doctor. right now the pain is starting to hurt even more. i want to sue this guy, but should i wait for the investigation to be complete? my insurance company said i should wait but i don't want to wait too long in order to sue. what should i do?

zippysgoddess

grandr29, the OP said right in their post that they contacted the police to report it, and they are investigating.

I would say at this time you should follow the advice of your insurance company, taking care of you in an instance like this, is what you pay for, they also know what the injury SOL is, (usually 2 years in most states) so you have advice you can trust, and the time is not ticking away quite yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">