• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and run, no insurance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nawkternal

What is the name of your state? California.

Recently I was parked in front of a friends house, when I came out I noticed that someone hit my car pretty good, and split. I walked around the neiborhood, asking questions and finnaly found the woman who had done this. She addmitted to doing it, and I have a written statment saying that she did. I was just speaking with my insurance company, and because she has no insurance, I have to pay for the damage myself. I have full coverage on my car. Basicly it comes down to I have to pay to fix my wrecked car that was not even my fault, and this woman gets off with nothing. I might add that it's illegal to drive in california without insurance. I have no idea what I can do. If someone could give me some advice, I would be very grateful.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nawkternal said:
What is the name of your state? California.

Recently I was parked in front of a friends house, when I came out I noticed that someone hit my car pretty good, and split. I walked around the neiborhood, asking questions and finnaly found the woman who had done this. She addmitted to doing it, and I have a written statment saying that she did. I was just speaking with my insurance company, and because she has no insurance, I have to pay for the damage myself. I have full coverage on my car. Basicly it comes down to I have to pay to fix my wrecked car that was not even my fault, and this woman gets off with nothing. I might add that it's illegal to drive in california without insurance. I have no idea what I can do. If someone could give me some advice, I would be very grateful.

My response:

Option #1 - -

Sue her in Small Claims court for the entire amount of the repairs and the costs of your rental car.

Option #2 - -

Have your insurance repair your car under your Uninsured Motorist coverage. Then, sue her in Small Claims court for your deductible and any other non-covered damages.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">