• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and run or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gonejohnson

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Idaho My husband was driving my truck when a company vehicle hit him, and our neice and nephew that were in the truck also. My husband ran to the nearest phone which happen to be our home to call the sherriff and get a camera. While I was calling the sherriff the other driver of the company truck had gotten his truck off of mine, and had moved my truck off the road. Before I could get to my truck to take the pictures the other driver had already headed down the road to where we live. Both parties clearly new that it was the fault of the driver of the company vehicle, and that driver had appoligized to me for it was my truck that was totaled although I was not there during the wreck. After calling the owner of the company several times with no answer or call back. He finally called back, and now the owner and the driver have changed their story. They are now saying that it is my husbands fault, that the driver is now saying he smelled alcohol on my husbands breath when in fact he had not been drinking, and that there was an empty container in my truck which there was not. I do not have insurance, and I am told that their company does. I do not know where to go from here.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">