• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and run pedestrian accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paparado

What is the name of your state?Colorado

I was a recent victim of a hit and run accident. I was a pedestrian at the time. I did get a plate # and the driver was later arrested. I have suffered some physical damage, but I am concerned that in my not being able to work I will be put in a bad position financially until this case comes to a resolution. The driver apparently did have insurance, but was driving with a revolked liscense and an outstanding warrant for something not known by me at this time. Am I required to contact their insurance company within a certain time frame? I will be meeting with an attorney in a couple of weeks to discuss my case, but did not want to allow anything pertinent to slip by...

Beth3

Do you have any type of disability income benefit - whether a private policy or through your place of employment? If so, you should file a claim right away. The carrier will subrogate the claim through the insurance carrier of the person who hit you and get reimbursed for benefits paid to you.

P

paparado

I am self employed. I do believe however that my health insurance has some type of accident benefit. thanks.

P

paparado

Well.... back to the drawing board... I have to be drawing SS and be totally disabled to draw $ from this plan. It looks as if I'm going to have to write a rash of letters to creditors explaining my situation and hopefully they will understand.

P

paparado

How does a person go about determining lost wages when they are not sure when they will be able to return to work. I'm currently hiring a temp laborer to do the physical things I would be doing and supervising them. Can this be claimed as well?

Also, I have suffered a broken foot and shoulder damage which the results of the MRI are still not in. I would like to get this over with as soon as possible. Do I just need to be patient?... Do I limit myself if I accept current medical claims to pay for ER, MRI and CAT scan, X-rays, personal Dr. visit, etc.?

Will I still be able to recover Punitive damages as well?

The driver was cited with reckless driving and was arrested.

If at all possible, I like to be a cheapie and not hire an attorney....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">