• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit And Run Question - Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SIXPAK GQ

State: Texas

I was going about 10mph in my apartment parking lot, a car backed up from passenger side from his/her parking space. I quicly sped up to avoid the collision.

What I want to know is that, was there a collision? I did not hear anything, nor there were any scratches on my car.

I went home after that, since I live there. I was in doubt so I came back after 10 mins and found out that that car was not there, I probably would be able to identify that car.

Am I just worried/obessing for no reason?

Should I go knock at his person's door anyway and found out if his/her car is ok?

just incase he did hit me, whose fault would this be?

CourtClerk

State: Texas

I was going about 10mph in my apartment parking lot, a car backed up from passenger side from his/her parking space. I quicly sped up to avoid the collision.

What I want to know is that, was there a collision? I did not hear anything, nor there were any scratches on my car.

I went home after that, since I live there. I was in doubt so I came back after 10 mins and found out that that car was not there, I probably would be able to identify that car.

Am I just worried/obessing for no reason?

Should I go knock at his person's door anyway and found out if his/her car is ok?

just incase he did hit me, whose fault would this be?

Now how are we to know whether there was an accident or not, but presumably, if there was, then the driver exiting the parking space has the duty to make sure that he/she does so safely.

I don't know that you are worried/obsessing for no reason because obviously you know there was an accident or you wouldn't be asking this question. I live in a large complex and your scenario has happened to me on a couple of occasions and never once have I wondered if there was an accident. There either is or there isn't and I've never had a second thought about it.

SIXPAK GQ

Now how are we to know whether there was an accident or not, but presumably, if there was, then the driver exiting the parking space has the duty to make sure that he/she does so safely.

I don't know that you are worried/obsessing for no reason because obviously you know there was an accident or you wouldn't be asking this question. I live in a large complex and your scenario has happened to me on a couple of occasions and never once have I wondered if there was an accident. There either is or there isn't and I've never had a second thought about it.
Also I suffer from OCD (Obessive compulsive disorder), its bad trust me. This thought will disapear tomorow or a week from today, just depends on what my other worries, its like a jumping OCD. I am not sure if you follow this.

I am just worried that is why i posted this question. I DON'T think there was a accident.
I would know it right? how would i know? the sound? or the scratches, there is no scratches though. Obviously there would be a metal bent right? I am not deaf by the way and my stereo was closed too.

SIXPAK GQ

lets pretend there was a accident and like you said it is the person backing out. So now what? still hit and run on my side? even though its his/her fault?

CourtClerk

lets pretend there was a accident and like you said it is the person backing out. So now what? still hit and run on my side? even though its his/her fault?
You know what??? (and I'm not even trying to be funny), based on your OCD, I don't think I should even answer that question. This seems to be consuming you enough on it's own.

SIXPAK GQ

You know what??? (and I'm not even trying to be funny), based on your OCD, I don't think I should even answer that question. This seems to be consuming you enough on it's own.
well I am being serious here.

I know its my OCD but still. I am trying to be safe you know.

what advise do u have for me now?

ecmst12

If there was an accident, you would have felt an impact and there would be damage to your car. If there was an accident, it would not have been your fault anyway. You should have stopped and exchanged information with the other car, but since there most likely was no accident, you didn't do anything wrong.

SIXPAK GQ

MY OCD on this issue is going away. I don't think there was an accident either.

thanks guys for the support.

My mind is crazy. Anyone who knows how it feels to have OCD can relate to me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">