• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and run/ side swipe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RJHink13

Back in mid December my car was side swiped while waiting to merge with traffic at an off ramp of the PA turnpike. The man that hit my car took off. We got his lisence plate and I called the police but they never filed a report. They said this happens all the time.
I filled a claim with the other guys insurance, and he filed a claim with my insurance. The insurance company is now telling me that they are closing the case because its a "he said she said" case.
I do not want to go through my insurance because the cost of repairs is $1,200 and my deductable is $1,000.
How can I get his insurance to pay what they owe?

seniorjudge

RJHink13 said:
Back in mid December my car was side swiped while waiting to merge with traffic at an off ramp of the PA turnpike. The man that hit my car took off. We got his lisence plate and I called the police but they never filed a report. They said this happens all the time.
I filled a claim with the other guys insurance, and he filed a claim with my insurance. The insurance company is now telling me that they are closing the case because its a "he said she said" case.
I do not want to go through my insurance because the cost of repairs is $1,200 and my deductable is $1,000.
How can I get his insurance to pay what they owe?
You can not get his insurance to do anything since you have no contract with him.

What you need to do is sue the bad person and get a judgment against him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">