• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and run unattended vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laxp

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

One day when i was backing out of parking lot i hit a parked unattended vehicle.I just felt a jerk but didnt feel that i had hit another vehicle.So i left the scene.But a guy had seen it and informed to the owner of the car who called police.The police called me next day and asked about it.I told i heard a sound and it might have been the car.He collected my license and insurance information and said that ill be given hit and run citation for hit and run unattended vehicle.After that i checked my vehicle and there was a minor scratch.I called the police and said the same.After a week i got the police report .It had the same information as stated above including me calling the police again and apologising for the situation.Now i have got a summons for hit and run unattended vehicle from the court and has been asked to appear in the court on january 13th 2005.I have been cited for misdemeanor.I would like to know what would be the possible outcome of this case when i accept guilty in the court.I called the other party and apologised.She told there was jus a minor scratch which she was not going to claim and accepted my apology.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

Did you hit and run or did your husband hit and run? That is something you will have to have straight by the time you get to court. Otherwise your questions have already been answered in your previous posts, we cannot predict what the judge will rule.

laxp

thanks

my husband posted the above post..all we want to know is since we are very much new to United States we are afraid that we might get a prison sentence?

rmet4nzkx

If you show up in court and explain what happened, even get a statement form the other car owner about minimal damage to further support your contention that you didn't ralize that another car was hit and ask for the mercy of the court. Most likely you will get a fine and that will be all, prison sentences are reserved for cases where there are injuries or other factors.

laxp

Thanks for ur immediate reply

Thanks so much.Your reply meant a lot.Ill let you know what happens at the court .thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">